- 21/04/2020 8pm – Tommy Keane
- 23/04/2020 8pm – Colm Broderick
- 25/04/2020 8pm – Louise Mulcahy
- 27/04/2020 8pm – Leonard Barry
- 29/04/2020 8pm – Rita Farrell
- 01/05/2020 8pm – Seán Gavin
- 03/05/2020 8pm – Tom Creegan
- 05/05/2020 8pm – Michael ‘Blackie’ O’Connell
- 07/05/2020 8pm – Amy Campbell
- 11/05/2020 8pm – Jimmy O’Brien Moran
- 13/05/2020 8pm – Ronan Browne
- 15/05/2020 8pm – Peter Laban
- 17/05/2020 8pm – Sheila Friel
- 19/05/2020 8pm – Gregorio Bellodi
- 21/05/2020 8pm – Pádraic Keane
- 23/05/2020 8pm – Deb Quigley
- 25/05/2020 8pm – Colleen Shanks
- 27/05/2020 8pm – Pamela Schweblin
- 29/05/2020 8pm – Joseph Byrne
- 31/05/2020 8pm – Seán McKiernan
- 02/06/2020 8pm – Cillian Vallely
- 06/06/2020 8pm – Tom Delany
- 08/06/2020 8pm – Michael Stribling
- 10/06/2020 8pm – Martin Nolan
- 12/06/2020 8pm – Barry Kerr
- 14/06/2020 8pm – Kara Doyle
- 16/06/2020 8pm – Preston Wilde
- 18/06/2020 8pm – Heather Clarke
- 20/06/2020 8pm – Lachlan McKibbin
- 22/06/2020 8pm – Marion McCarthy
- 24/06/2020 8pm – Maeve O’Donnell
- 26/06/2020 8pm – Donnchadh Gough
- 30/06/2020 8pm – Jason Rouse
- more artists will be confirmed
We wish all of our visitors and members a Happy St.Patrick’s Day!
For all of you at home, whether that’s in Ireland or elsewhere, we’d like to share a few archival items with you to mark the day:
Since there’s no parade this year, here’s something to lift the spirits – an image taken at a St.Patrick’s Day parade in the late 1940s / early 1950s.
Photographed is Pat & Jim Brophy (Pipes), Tom Brophy (Accordion), Jim Seery (Fiddle), Betty Nevin (Dancer) outside the GPO, Dublin.
Thanks to Brendan Collins for sharing this photo with us!
If you’re stuck at home this St. Patrick’s Day, here’s a Notes & Narratives with Críostóir Mac Cárthaigh from March 2012 that may be of interest. Watch “The Stories, Songs, Music and Dance of St. Patrick” on our online archive 🎶👉https://bit.ly/2U8vXs9
Notes&Narratives is a monthly lecture/performance series which is streamed live on NPUTV & later added to www.pipers.ie/source
In light of recent Government measures announced on Thursday 12th March, Na Píobairí Uilleann are cancelling all classes occurring up to 29th March and postponing March events until further notice.
Our premises at 15 Henrietta Street and Pipecraft (Clonshaugh) will close to the public from Friday 13th March.
We are still contactable via email (email@example.com) and phone (01 873 0093).
You can register for classes taking place this Saturday 29th February at 15 Henrietta St by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (01 873 0093). Places are subject to availability.
Classes are part of a full programme of events for Leo Rowsome commemoration: https://pipers.ie/events/2020/02/leo-rowsome-commemoration-2019-2/
Classes 10.30am – 3.00pm
Sinéad Ní Allmhuráin
Teacher Development Workshop 2.00pm – 4.30pm
with Gay McKeon
Reedmaking 10.30am – 3.00pm
Leo Rowsome Commemorative Event Featuring Lecture by Mark Redmond and Recital of Pádraic Mac Mathúna, Louise Mulcahy and Colm Broderick
Crossing Boundaries: An Insight into the Orchestral Endeavors of Liam O’Flynn
A lecture by Mark Redmond followed by a performance from the Portlaoise Piping Quartet
Featuring Pádraic Mac Mathúna, Louise Mulcahy and Colm Broderick
Venue: 15 Henrietta Street, Dublin 1
Supported by The Arts Council
We are delighted to announce the release of the Ace and Deuce of Piping Volume 4 – a solo recording by Caoimhín Ó Fearghail on concert pitch pipes.
Available here from our shop: https://pipers.ie/store/products/uilleann-piping-from-county-waterford-caoimhin-o-fearghail/
Also available for digital download on Bandcamp at https://napiobairiuilleann.bandcamp.com/artists
- Mary McMahon/The Reel of Mullinavat
- Jigs: John Lydon’s / Nóra Chríonna
- Reels: The Fermoy Lasses / The One-Horned Cow / The Rambling Thatcher
- Air: Miss Brien an Chúilfhionn
- Set Dance/Hornpipe: Bonaparte’s Retreat / Callaghan’s Hornpipe
- Jigs: The Humours of Cloyne / Whelan’s Old Sow
- Air/Hornpipe: Cáit Ní Dhuibhir / The Stack of Wheat
- Reels: John Kelly’s Bean an Tincéara / Paddy Rafferty’s
- Hornpipe: Johnny Cope
- Jigs: Barrel Rafferty’s / The Humours of Castlelyons
- Reels: Jem Byrne’s / Johnny McGreevy’s / The Concert Reel
- Air: Lá ‘le Pádraig
- Jigs: Buachaillí Bhaile Mhic Anndáin / Luighseach Nic Cionnaith / Pádraig Mac Giollarnáth
- Reels: The Dunmore Lasses / The Boy in the Gap
– MUSICIANS/ MUSIC TUTORS – MUSIC GENERATION Galway County & Roscommon
Further particulars and application forms are available from https://galwayroscommon.etb.ie/jobs/
If interested in applying, please note the closing date for receipt of applications, by post only, is 12.00 p.m. on Friday, 22nd November, 2019.
– CEOLTÓIRÍ / TEAGASCÓIRÍ CEOIL – MUSIC GENERATION Contae na Gaillimhe & Ros Comáin
Is féidir teacht ar bhreis sonraíochtaí poist agus foirm iarratais ag https://galwayroscommon.etb.ie/jobs/
Má tá spéis agat iarratas a chur isteach, tabhair faoi deara le do thoil gurb é an dáta deiridh le hiarratais a bheith faighte, sa phost amháin, ná an 12.00 i.n., Dé hAoine, 22 Samhain, 2019.
Na Píobairí Uilleann is pleased to appoint Clara Doose Grunefeld as Administrative Assistant effective 11th November 2019.
Clara who has worked in sales administration in Germany and in retail in Ireland will bring her expeience in both areas to NPU. Clara has a M.A. in Anthropology from Hamburg University. She has recently graduated with a HND in Traditional Irish Music Performance from Ballyfermot College of Further Education. Clara plays flute and concertina.
Clara will report to Anne-Marie Bell, Administrator at NPU and we congratulate her on her appointment and wish her a long, successful and fulfilling career with the organisation.
For information, see: https://www.dccoi.ie/craftspeople/opportunities/external-exhibitions-fund-2020-call-for-applications
For information on this scholarship please see:
For more information regarding the application process and submission please contact the Heart of the Glens LPS – Causeway Coast and Glens Heritage Trust, The Old Bank, 27 Main Street Armoy, BT53 8SL
T: 028 2075 2100
Email – Jamie@ccght.org