Scholarship Applications Now Open for 2023
NPU to award scholarships to six young pipers in 2023
Na Píobairí Uilleann will award six piping scholarships in 2023 to young uilleann pipers. Subject to demand, one scholarship will be reserved for non-Irish applicants. Successful recipients can use their scholarship to avail of tuition at any of the following summer schools:
- Willie Clancy Summer School – Miltown Malbay, Co. Clare,
- South Sligo Summer School – Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo,
- Joe Mooney Summer School – Drumshambo, Co. Leitrim,
- Scoil Acla – Achill Island, Co. Mayo,
- Ceol na Coille – Letterkenny, Co. Donegal,
- Catskills Irish Arts Week – East Durham, N.Y., USA.
The Scholarship process for 2023 is open until 5pm Friday 28th April. Applications must be supported by recordings of solo piping by the applicant. Click here for further information on how to apply, and see the application form for all terms and conditions. If you or anyone you know may benefit from receipt of a scholarship, we encourage all applications! Applicants must be under 20 years of age at the commencement of the scholarship they wish to attend.
Na Píobairí Uilleann will also be awarding one pipe making scholarship in 2023 to a developing uilleann pipes maker. This will provide the opportunity to spend a week with an established maker at their workshop. More details on the pipemaking scholarship and how to apply will follow. Please contact us with any queries.