The Department of Tourism, Culture, Media, Gaeltacht, Sport & Media funds Minding Creative Minds (MCM) to provide a free advice and counselling service to everyone in the arts, culture and creative sectors.
MCM offers a service of a consultation with Irish solicitors including those specialised in family law matters, property conveyancing and criminal law. This provides 30 minutes of free legal advice per legal topic per person on a one to one basis. If there are further legal issues arising following the consultation, MCM have advised that they would be in a position to explore these further.
Services are available in the following areas
- A 24/7 free dedicated phone helpline
- Up to 6 free counselling sessions
- Advice on practical, day-to-day issues that cause anxiety and stress
- Financial Assistance & Consumer Assistance – Consultation with qualified financial advisors who can offer advice on household budgeting, borrowing/debt management, retirement planning, saving & investments
- Career Guidance & Life Coaching – Access a panel of career coach specialists for career guidance
- Mediation Services – Help with disputes in the workplace, or issues related to family business, defective goods & services, building & construction
Further information on these services and MCM can be accessed here
MCM have also set up Meet and Greet Sessions for attendees to share experiences, advice with each other and conversation with peers: http://mindingcreativeminds.ie/2021/05/27/meet-greet-session-6-june-21st/