Job Opportunity with Na Píobairí Uilleann
Administrative Assistant – Education Programmes
Deadline: Friday 26th January 2024, 5pm
Na Píobairí Uilleann is seeking a permanent full time Administrative Assistant responsible for Education Programmes reporting to the Administrator.
About Na Píobairí Uilleann
Na Píobairí Uilleann (NPU), the Society of Uilleann Pipers was founded in 1968 to promote the playing and manufacture of the uilleann pipes and Irish traditional music in general. We have extensive music tuition, pipemaking training, publications and public performance programmes and provide a wide range of services through our web-based resources.
With a growing worldwide membership and expanding events programmes, we have a vacancy for a full time Administrative Assistant position reporting to the Administrator.
- The successful candidate will ideally have experience in programming and planning of events, possess excellent communications, interpersonal and organisational skills and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office. The ability to work to strict deadlines is essential. Knowledge and appreciation of Irish traditional music is essential and the ability to play the uilleann pipes is desirable.
- Communicating effectively with stakeholders
- Developing relationships with existing and new partnership organisations
- Identifying appropriate funding opportunities and preparation of funding applications
- Developing and implementing budgets in relation to tuition and public performance programmes
- Preparation of tutor and artist contracts
- Coordination of weekly classes in 15 Henrietta Street and nationwide
- Coordination of courses delivered at our PipeCraft facility
- Administration of NPU’s Pipes on Loan scheme including loan agreements and the ongoing repair and maintenance of instruments
- Management of equipment and materials for NPU pipemaking and reedmaking courses
- Provide cover for and assisting with sales order fulfilment
- Providing cover for administrative tasks
Event Management & Programming
- Management and programming of NPU public events (Try the Pipes events, piping programme at Scoil Samhraidh Willie Clancy, Session with the Pipers, Tionóil, the Ace and Deuce of Piping concert, the Breandán Breathnach and Leo Rowsome commemorative events)
- Programming of pipemaking and reedmaking short courses
- Promotion of public events and public engagement
- Ability to prepare budgets for specific projects and programmes
- Input to annual arts plan
Health and Safety
- Responsibility for implementing the NPU Health and Safety policy at our PipeCraft instrument training centre
- Undertake monthly Health and Safety Audits at PipeCraft
- Overseeing the operation of the NPU Child Protection Policy and related policies
- Overseeing the operation of the NPU Volunteer Policy
- Adherence to and promotion of NPU Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policies
- Good administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills – written and phone
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, also databases, accounting software is an advantage
- Ability to work on own initiative
Salary will be commensurate with the level of experience.
The closing date for applications is Friday 26th January 2024, 5pm.
A letter of application, together with a detailed CV addressed to The Administrator, Na Píobairí Uilleann, 15 Henrietta Street, Dublin 1, D01N504 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org must be sent strictly by 5pm.