We promote excellence in the making and playing of the Irish pipes and our plans include:
- Promote excellence through a regular structured educational programme.
- Maintain a continuous pipemaking training programme.
- Foster self-sustaining clusters of uilleann pipers in additionallocations each year to build a critical mass of competent player ssupported by increased teaching resources.
- Promote and de-mystify reedmaking through regular classes, resources and tutorials to encourage more pipers to make reeds.
- Publish a comprehensive guide to pipe and reed maintenance.
- Record and publish a regular programme of online piping tutorials.
- Create regular forums to promote professional development, collaboration and exchange of knowledge amongst pipemakers.
- Promote excellence in young players through an annual scholarship programme.
- Develop and publish an App for mobile devices for pipemaking.
- Expand pipemaking training to include up-skilling, internships, short and evening courses.
- Host an annual Tionól as a mentoring, learning and performance environment for pipers and pipemakers.
- Develop and publish online resources for piping teachers.
- Publish Pipe Up as an online educational resource.
- Host and broadcast a regular lecture/performance series promoting all aspects of Traditional Arts.
- Promote ongoing research on pipemaking including measuring and publishing of information.
- Re-issue an updated series of The Art of Uilleann Piping.
- Develop mentoring and learning opportunities for pipers and pipemakers through regional Tionóil.
- Collaborate with a production company to create a comprehensive film documentary on the history of the uilleann pipes, and an associated book.